Take-aways from Grow More Experience Trials in MN, ND and SD
Waterhemp growing in between the rows of soybeans at the Morgan, MN, Grow More™ Experience site in July, 2020.
Below are 3 key take-aways gleaned from our trials at Grow More™ Experience sites this year.
Trials Showcase the Product Impact on Crop Safety
- Saltro® fungicide seed treatment showcased its early-season crop safety versus the competitive standard. Greater crop safety allowed those soybeans to emerge and grow with more crop vigor and increased root growth leading to better stands and quicker canopy development. Then later in the season, Saltro proved to be a powerful line of defense against defoliation, pod loss and yield impact.
Importance of 2-pass Herbicide Program
- MN, ND and SD growers know that weather plays a heavy hand in weed control. Spells with too much or too little rain right after preemergence herbicide applications put herbicide programs to the test. Whichever weather you experienced, we found at our Grow More Experience site that trials with both preemergence and post-emergence herbicide programs that deployed multiple effective sites of action with overlapping residuals were clean. Here are some herbicide programs we tested in our trials that offered season-long protection from tough weeds like waterhemp:
Effects of Fungicides Beyond Disease Control
- Overall, disease pressure in MN, ND and SD remains fairly light, but with tar spot expanding into MN, our sites found that Miravis® Neo fungicide kept the new pathogen in check.
- In additional to disease control, fungicides can also provide plant-health benefits resulting in greener plants for a longer period. A well-timed application of Trivapro® or Miravis Neo can increase your yield and crop optimization to harvest.
- Endigo® ZC treatments were effective on mid-season thistle caterpillar pressure.
Sign up for the Know More, Grow More Digest to receive twice-monthly agronomic email updates pertinent to your area.
All photos are either the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.
Syngenta hereby disclaims any liability for third-party websites referenced herein.
Product performance assumes disease presence. Performance assessments are based upon results or analysis of public information, field observations and/or Syngenta evaluations.