Reduce rice diseases in 2016
Despite advances in rice production, diseases remain a major cause of yield loss in rice fields. Diseases reduce yield and quality, and ultimately increase production costs.
The University of Arkansas Research & Extension says striking the right balance in disease management programs is key to reducing diseases in rice. When creating and implementing disease management programs, consider the following factors:
- Matching varieties with fields
- Balancing nutrients
- Planting dates
- Proper water management
- Drain and dry strategies
- Hydrogen sulfide toxicity
- Field sizes
- Fungicides, when necessary
Fungicide applications can be useful in well managed rice fields. Syngenta offers Quilt Xcel® fungicide for long-lasting residual control of a broad spectrum of diseases. Quilt Xcel:
- Contains the Power of Two™ active ingredients in a ratio designed specifically for rice growers
- Offers exceptional convenience and ease of use
- Provides curative and greater preventive disease control than products with only one mode of action
- Boosts yield by extending time for photosynthesis to maximize crop growth and extend grain fill
As mentioned above, proper management and staying ahead of diseases can help produce a healthy rice field. Make sure to utilize a fungicide, when appropriate, to help maximize return on investment and ultimately grow more rice.
Sign up for the Know More, Grow More Digest to receive twice-monthly agronomic e-mail updates pertinent to your area.
Photos are either the property of Syngenta or used under agreement.
Syngenta hereby disclaims liability for third party websites.
Product performance assumes disease presence.
©2016 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration status. Quilt Xcel®, Power of Two™, the Alliance Frame, the Purpose Icon and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.