Pontiac, IL, Grow More Experience Site Reflects Grower’s Experience
The Pontiac, IL, Grow More Experience Site has a study that compares different residual chemistries to show the quickness and completeness of burndown.
Similar to the rest of the Midwest, the Pontiac, IL, Grow More™ Experience site had a delay in planting. Although the season started off slow, we have seen significant crop emergence since we planted trials in early June. We applied preemergence herbicide treatments early this month and we have seen good herbicide activation triggered by steady rainfall.
This season, we will feature multiple corn and soybean trials that address area challenges, including our popular weed management bare ground trials. Site visitors will view demonstrations that highlight disease control strategies, weed management and other best practices to maximize yield. Site highlights include:
- Weed management comparisons in corn and soybeans to show control of waterhemp.
- Bare ground weed control comparisons, which are void of crops to see more clear differences between products in their spectrum of weed control.
- Burn down studies that compare different residual chemistries to show the quickness and completeness of burndown in Syngenta and competitor products.
- Studies to show the length of residual in Syngenta herbicides vs. competitors.
- Pre and post-emergence effectiveness of herbicides in corn and soybeans.
- Corn fungicide application timing trials to show plant health benefits and protection against diseases like white mold.
- Soybean fungicide and seed treatment demonstrations.
For future updates from our Pontiac Grow More Experience site and other crop management insights pertinent to your area, sign up to receive our twice-monthly Know More, Grow More Digest e-mail.
All photos are either the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.
Syngenta hereby disclaims liability for third-party websites.