Herbicide Application Tips to Help You Find More Bushels
Corn emerges in a clean, weed-free row
When making a herbicide application, you’re making an investment in your crop, and your bottom line depends on getting the most you can out of that investment. Minor missteps in the application process, timing, use rate and more can have a major impact on performance and lead to costly corrective measures and poor weed management. To protect your revenue potential, make sure you’re applying your herbicide with the right methods at the right time.
If you’re spraying Acuron® corn herbicide this season, keep these expert tips in mind while making your applications either pre- or post-emergence.
Preemergence Application Tips:
- Apply in a spray volume of 10-80 GPA.
- Use spray nozzles that provide medium to coarse droplet size to avoid drift, but still provide good coverage.
- If agitation is stopped for more than 5 minutes, re-suspend by running a full agitation prior to spraying.
Post-emergence Application Tips:
- For optimum protection of corn yield potential, apply early post-emergence before weeds reach 4” in height.
- Apply in a spray volume of 10-30 GPA. Use a minimum of 20 GPA when weed foliage is dense.
- Use flat fan type nozzles of 80-110° angle, and the boom height should be at least 15 inches above the crop canopy.
- Do not use flood-jet nozzles.
If you apply Acuron according to label instructions, you can find more bushels. When applied preemergence and at the full labeled rate, replicated Syngenta and university trials show Acuron outyields competitors by 5 to 15 bushels an acre.*
Calculate the extra revenue potential you could find next season with Acuron. If you have any questions about your Acuron application, reach out to your Syngenta retailer or sales rep for clarification.
Sign up for the Know More, Grow More Digest to receive twice-monthly agronomic e-mail updates pertinent to your area.
All photos are either the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.
Performance assessments are based upon results or analysis of public information, field observations and/or internal Syngenta evaluations. Trials reflect treatment rates and mixing partners commonly recommended in the marketplace.
*Acuron yield advantage range based on 2016 Syngenta and university replicated trials comparing Acuron to Corvus®, Resicore®, SureStart® II and Verdict® applied preemergence and at full labeled rates. For more information on Acuron versus an individual product, ask your Syngenta representative.
The trademarks or service marks used herein are the property of their respective owners.