Corn Weed Management Requires a Full-Season Plan
Weeds depend on routine to survive. Weed management programs that rely on 1 herbicide increase the potential for herbicide-resistant weeds to develop. As a result, the herbicides used to control these weeds may become ineffective.
When preparing for the 2017 growing season, keep these tactics in mind to avoid herbicide resistance:
- Use fully labeled herbicide rates
- Diversify herbicide modes of action
- Rotate crops in successive seasons
- Overlap pre-emergence and post-emergence residual herbicides
For best weed control, we recommend a 2-step herbicide program, including pre- and post-emergence products.
- Acuron® and Acuron Flexi corn herbicides help put you back in control of tough weeds by delivering more residual control of more weeds with a single product.
- Halex® GT post-emergence corn herbicide controls emerged weeds and delivers residual control of grass and broadleaf weeds until crop canopy.
For more recommendations to build your own weed management plan, contact your local Syngenta representative.
Sign up for the Know More, Grow More Digest to receive twice-monthly agronomic e-mail updates pertinent to your area.
All photos are the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.