Corn and Soybean Weed Management in Pontiac, IL
Trials from the Pontiac Grow More Experience site offer new information on effective weed control and management for corn and soybeans.
Physical Properties Trial
Waterhemp is one of the most prevalent weeds in the area and can be difficult to control. To test effective management methods, agronomists at the Pontiac site:
- Broke pre-emergence premixes apart to show the effect of solo products on the weed.
- Tested treatments on newly emerged weeds to show the positive effect of multiple modes of action (MOA).
- Showed the advantage of the S-Isomer in Dual Magnum® (S-MOC) versus generic (MOC).
- The active ingredient in Dual Magnum shows increased control of waterhemp.
Corn and Soybean Herbicide Trial
The herbicide trials received post-emergence treatment applications, which shows:
- The residual length and effectiveness of multiple MOA in the bare ground trial.
- Effective weed management in the soybean herbicide trial. Treatments show adding Flexstar® GT 3.5 herbicide to the dicamba tank mix offers fast acting control of waterhemp.
Sign up for the Know More, Grow More Digest to receive twice monthly agronomic e-mail updates pertinent to your area.
All photos are the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.