Corn Herbicide Selection: Cost vs. ROI Potential?
A corn herbicide is only as good as the sum of its individual parts. A bare ground trial at our Columbia, MO, Grow More™ Experience site highlighted the efficacy of the active ingredients (AIs) in Acuron® corn herbicide and Resicore® 60 days after treatment.
Looking for your next corn herbicide program? It can be tempting to look at cost savings first and go with a cheaper “deal.” However, skimping on herbicides and picking one that doesn’t check all the boxes can cost you more in the long run. A better evaluation tool is return on investment (ROI) potential – i.e., it’s better to spend a little more for a product that will work and deliver good results than one that may not. After all, the best product (herbicide or other) you can purchase is always the one that meets or exceeds your expectations.
Before pulling the trigger on a herbicide “deal,” consider the following:
- Performance: Will the herbicide work on your toughest weeds?
- Crop Safety: Is it safe to apply, or will it injure your corn?
- ROI: Does the mixture of performance and crop safety provide good ROI potential?
For the best performance, crop safety and ROI potential, we recommend Acuron® corn herbicide. Acuron checks all the boxes and has a proven track record to back it up.
- Performance: Acuron contains 4 AIs including the unique AI bicyclopyrone, and 3 effective sites of action for unmatched burndown and residual control of 70+ grass and broadleaf weeds until crop canopy and beyond.
- Crop Safety: Acuron provides excellent crop safety with application flexibility from 28 days preplant up to 12-inch corn. Even in cool, wet conditions, Acuron is unlikely to injure corn when used according to the label.
- ROI: Because Acuron combines powerful weed control, longest-lasting residual and proven crop safety, it outperforms and outyields all other corn herbicides by 5-15 bu/A.*
Still undecided about your next corn herbicide? Watch our interactive video to compare Acuron vs. competitors.
Sign up for the Know More, Grow More Digest to receive twice-monthly agronomic email updates pertinent to your area.
All photos and videos are either the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.
Performance assessments are based upon results or analysis of public information, field observations and/or internal Syngenta evaluations. Trials reflect treatment rates commonly recommended in the marketplace.
*Acuron yield advantage range based on 2016 Syngenta and university replicated trials comparing Acuron to Corvus®, Resicore®, SureStart® II and Verdict® applied preemergence and at full labeled rates. For more information on Acuron versus an individual product, ask your Syngenta representative.
The trademarks or service marks displayed or otherwise used herein are the property of a Syngenta Group Company. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.