WASHINGTON: Syngenta will introduce 16 new products in 2016 and several of them are featured at the Ephrata, WA, Grow More™ Experience site. Growers and retailers alike are able to experience the efficacy of these potato, wheat, corn and pulse crops products first hand when they visit the site. Key products featured are:
- Talinor™ herbicide: Provides post-emergence control of key PNW barley and wheat weeds, including mayweed chamomile, prickly lettuce and lambsquarter. Registration is anticipated later this year.
- Acuron® herbicide: Reliable broad-spectrum control of 70+ broadleaf weeds, including giant ragweed, common ragweed, Palmer amaranth and waterhemp in corn.
- Minecto™ Pro insecticide: Will provide broad-spectrum control of insects in onions and potatoes, including thrips, Colorado potato beetles, aphids and potato psyllids, all issues in the Columbia Basin, as well as mites, whiteflies and leafminers. Targeted registration for use in vegetables, potatoes and onions, among other crops, is anticipated in early 2017.
- CruiserMaxx® Vibrance® Potato seed treatment: Provides season-long insect protection against Colorado potato beetles and aphids; and diseases such as Fusarium and silver scurf while providing enhanced protection against seedborne Rhizoctonia.
- Orondis® Opti fungicide: Provides control of economically important soil and foliar diseases caused by Oomycete fungi, such as late blight, in potatoes. Orondis Opti also protects yield and improves tuber size grading in potatoes.
- Elatus® fungicide: Provides enhanced, early-season control of soilborne diseases in potatoes and control of all groups of Rhizoctonia from season to season, resulting in optimized distribution of tuber sizes.
To experience these trials in person by visiting the Ephrata site, contact your Syngenta representative.
Photos are either the property of Syngenta or used under agreement.
©2016 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration status. Minecto Pro is not currently registered for sale or use in the U.S. and this is not an offer for sale. Upon registration, Minecto Pro will be a Restricted Use Pesticide. Acuron is a Restricted Use Pesticide. Orondis Opti is a combination of separately registered products: Orondis Opti A and Orondis Opti B. Acuron®, CruiserMaxx®, Elatus®, Grow More™, Minecto™, Orondis®, Talinor™, Vibrance® and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.